Dog beds provide a cozy place for our doggies to rest and sleep. But not all dog beds are created equal. Some are more indestructible than others. Dog beds can be made out of many different materials, including memory foam, latex rubber, cotton canvas, vinyl-covered foam, and polyester, among others.
But no matter what materials they are made of, dog beds are prone to dog chewing. Dogs chew on their bed for all sorts of reasons—to relieve boredom and anxiety or release pent-up energy.
Sometimes, they are teething, and chewing on the fabrics help relieve the pain. Other times, they may be stressed and chewing on soft bedding is a way to vent their frustration. In some cases, it’s because dogs want to make their bed all their own, adding their own scent to make it feel like home.
Whatever the reason, you need to find dog beds that can withstand not just the normal wear and tear, but also aggressive chewing from powerful jaws and sharp canine teeth.
How to Find Indestructible Dog Beds?
Dog beds that are indestructible are a pet owner’s dream. It’s easy to find comfy and luxurious dog beds but finding one that cannot be destroyed by your furry friend can be difficult.
Here are some criteria to look for when searching for the ideal dog bed:
Types of Materials and Fabrics for Dog Beds
Dog bedding is specially designed to keep your dog comfortable and warm. With a wide variety of materials used in making dog beds, it can be a daunting task to choose the best one for your dog.
Typically made from either foam, memory foam, or a combination of both, these beds come in various shapes and sizes to suit your dog’s specific needs. In addition to providing warmth, these beds also offer additional support by cushioning joints, preventing painful pressure points on the hips while sleeping on one’s back, and alleviating arthritis symptoms.
Here are some of the toughest, most durable cover materials and fabrics ideal for indestructible dog beds:
- Outdoor fabric
- Crypton fabric
- Faux Leather
You want a bed that will provide your pet with a comfortable, supportive surface to sleep on. It should also have a soft surface material so they feel cozy and can rest easy after an exciting day of playing outside.
The durability of a dog bed can make the difference between an occasional brush with dirt and an all-out war with your pup. Durable dog beds are not just for dogs that sleep all day.
If you’re looking for a bed that will stand up to your pup’s lifestyle and maintain its shape, look for dog beds that are made with tough fabrics, including ripstop nylon, Crypton, and Cordura fabric, which means they won’t tear easily. They also feature protective layers of foam and waterproof lining so spills can be cleaned off easily.
Ease of Cleaning
Dog beds are often a victim of your dog’s tendency to be messy. In addition, dirt and other debris will get into the bed due to your dog constantly digging and scratching the surface. It is a good idea to have a bed that can be washed or spot cleaned on a regular basis so you don’t have a mess of an area in your home.
A thick dog bed is one of the best options if you want a chew-proof bed. Thickness combined with durable materials, such as faux fur or weave that is both soft and sturdy, would provide the best of both worlds in terms of quality and comfort. Moreover, the thicker the bedding, the better it is for your dog’s joints and spine.
Best Indestructible Dog Beds Review 2023
Here are several tested and reviewed dog beds if you want a durable bed for your aggressive chewer.
Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Dog Bed (Extra Large)
This calming donut dog bed is made from shag cotton fabric that can keep its shape up to three times longer than other pet beds. The premium AirLOFT fibers are perfect for curling up and burrowing. It also mimics the mama dog’s fur, which induces a deeper sleep for puppies and a more comfortable rest in older dogs. It’s available in different sizes for dogs weighing 25 lbs. to 150 lbs.
Best Friends by Sheri original calming dog bed is designed to ease pet anxiety and stress. The design creates a cozy, cave-like feel that allows your four-legged friends to burrow in and forget about the outside world. It features non-skid bottom for easy movement across carpet or hardwood floors.
- Well-padded and incredibly soft dog bed that gives maximum comfort for big and small dogs alike.
- The interior edges are deep enough for burrowing and scratching.
- Made from pet-safe materials, so it can’t cause skin irritation or trigger allergies.
- It can fall apart when machine washed.
Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Dog Bed
Best Friends by Sheri Calming Dog Bed (Medium) is a well-made and comfortable bed that dogs love. You will find your pet sleeping peacefully in this bed right away. It provides the perfect cushion for your furry friend to relax. It has a removable cover that can be machine washed for easy care, so there’s no more smelly pet beds!
The medium size will fit dogs and cats up to 45 lbs. Its luxurious faux fur helps keep dogs calm down. It was designed for dogs that have anxiety issues. The design of the dog bed helps dogs relax. This bed is perfect for your anxious dog because the outer layer is made of material that wicks away moisture while also feeling like a blanket.
- An incredibly soft dog bed that gives the maximum comfort for medium-sized dogs.
- Durable and easy to clean. Perfect for burrowing and mild scratching.
- An improper washing technique can cause the fur to get tangled.
Bedsure Calming Dog Bed
Made from faux fur, microfiber, wood, and plush, Bedsure dog bed provides extra comfort that your pup needs to sleep better. It has an ergonomic design that fits your dog’s body shape perfectly, even if they’re large or small.
With its thick supportive bottom and raised edges, it becomes a safe cocoon where your dog can curl up and sleep comfortably, especially during the winter season.
- The non-slip bottom with rubber dots keeps the dog bed in place, regardless of the floor surface. It’s suitable for tiles, crates, hardwood floors, and other surfaces.
- Bedsure’s circular, donut-shaped design cuddles the dog comfortably, which is perfect for dogs with anxiety.
- It’s only available in two sizes (small and medium) for pets weighing between 25 to 45 lbs.
Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Donut Cat and Dog Bed in Grey Lux Fur (Medium)
This medium-sized calming donut dog and cat bed is made from luxurious fur that will keep your pet warm, comfortable, and relaxed. It’s designed for cats and dogs that weigh up to 45 pounds. There’s plenty of room to burrow and lie down comfortably.
It has an incredibly soft surface made of cotton and polyester, so pets can sleep comfortably on it. The outer cover is made from grey lux fur on the inside and has a zippered cushion on top for easy washability.
- The donut design and the faux shag fur envelop the dog in a protective embrace, which gives them a more restful sleep.
- The softness of the bed has therapeutic and orthopedic support.
- The dog bed can lose its shape with repeated washing and the long strands of fur can get tangled.
K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed
K9 Ballistics dog bed is made of strong, durable material that is resistant to tearing, chewing, scratching, and other destructive behavior. It’s also water, mud, dirt, and grime resistant, so it can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Dogs with orthopedic issues need elevated dog beds for comfort, but so do dogs who are teething or have allergies. These beds are perfect for dogs who need some extra help getting up on furniture or beds, and they’re just as comfortable for all dogs because of the support they provide.
- The 100% aluminum frame covers the edges, which protects the bed from chewing damage.
- The rubber feet keep the cot on the ground and prevent scratching on floor surfaces.
- It fits standard-sized crates, so your dog can have a comfortable bed even when inside his crate.
- The ripstop ballistic material makes it indestructible against chewing and scratching.
- It’s easy to clean because you can wipe off moisture, dirt, fur, dirt, and debris.
- It comes with a 120-day chew-proof armored warranty.
- It’s delivered to your doorstep pre-assembled, so your dog can use it straight out of the box.
- Dogs can potentially slip on the cot.
- It may not be suitable for heavy diggers with sharp, uncut nails.
- It does not provide enough cushion.
Magic Dog Super Soft Dog with Orthopedic Foam
Magic Dog is designed to provide both comfort and support for dogs. This dog bed is created with ultra-soft velour and features a supportive, orthopedic foam insert for maximum comfort and support. With extra cushioning on the inside and out, this bed is guaranteed to be your dog’s new favorite spot.
It comes in 3 sizes (Medium, Large, and Jumbo) that can fit any house. It’s available in 5 colors (blue, dark brown, dark grey, light grey, and burgundy). It’s suitable for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
- The high-density foam has excellent elasticity and provides excellent rebound. It will not sink even after long-term use.
- It’s soft yet sturdy enough to provide support on your dog’s joints.
- Made from scratch-resistant materials, so it can withstand burrowing and pawing.
- The special hidden zipper design will not hurt your dog.
- It has a removable and washable cover.
- The anti-slip bottom ensures that the dog bed will stay in place and prevent accidents. It’s safe for senior and disabled dogs.
- Scratch-resistant but not bite-resistant.
Best Friends by Sheri Cozy Cuddler Luxury Orthopedic Dog and Cat Bed with Hooded Blanket
Best Friends by Sheri offers a variety of dog beds, including one with a hooded blanket. It’s designed for pets that love to hide and burrow. With cushioned walls, you dog or cat can snuggle and rest in the comfortable crevices of the bed, while getting neck and head support.
The interior is made from soft faux fur while the exterior is made of corduroy. This cozy cuddler is designed with orthopedic foam to help relieve arthritic pain. The removable coat acts as a blanket for added sense of security, especially for dogs with anxiety. It also keeps your dog warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- The flexible design allows your dog to curl up or sprawl out while still getting body support.
- The bottom of the dog bed is water and dirt resistant.
- Available sizes can only accommodate dogs up to 35 lbs. Not designed for larger dogs.
HACHIKITTY Dog Bed Calming Donut Cuddler
Hachikitty’s self-warming and anti-anxiety donut dog bed is designed for maximum comfort and support for dogs who love to curl up. Because of its long, thick shag and vegan fur, it mimics mama dog’s fur, which gives a calming and comforting effect.
The donut dog bed is independent of the central round mat, so you have a dog bed and a dog mat that you can use separately.
- It acts as a warming bed in the winter because of the thick shag fur, but it’s still comfortable to use in warm weather when you remove the round mat.
- The surrounding bolster provides neck support for your dog or cat.
- The largest size can accommodate dogs up to 85 lbs. It’s not designed for larger dogs.
- You need to be very careful when washing it as it can fall apart. Wash the dog bed according to tag to prevent damaging the bed.
Bedsure Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed for Large Dogs
Bedsure’s second entry in the list is the orthopedic memory foam dog bed specially designed for large dogs up to 100 lbs. Let’s face it, it’s hard to find dog beds that can satisfy the bedding needs of our large dogs. So, Bedsure’s high-density memory foam provides just the right amount of support for our heavy pets.
The soft orthopedic foam helps relieve muscle and joint pain in dogs with arthritis or mobility issues. It’s protected with ultrasonic quilted surface, so it remains soft and cozy.
- Bedsure uses gel memory foam for better heat dissipation and a more cooling effect.
- The non-skid bottom keeps the bed firmly on the ground, keeping your dog safe from slips.
- The waterproof inner layer prevents leakage onto the foam.
- Thick memory foam is durable and will not flatten even with heavy use by large dogs.
- It can withstand scratches and bites but can tear with repeated aggressive chewing from big dogs.
Dogbed4less Ultimate Memory Foam Dog Bed
The Dogbed4less dog bed has 4-inch, high density gel-infused memory foam, which is five times denser than regular foam. This provides the most comfortable sleeping surface for your dog. It features a water-resistant base with an exterior covering that is made of durable material. It also have a head rest to have your dog rest comfortably.
The therapeutic grade gel foam is the perfect sleeping surface for active dogs who like to nuzzle deep into the bed. Competitive dog athletes can benefit from this elevated, durable, and supportive bed to help them recover in between high-intensity training sessions and competitions.
- The gel memory foam has temperature-regulating features that can keep dogs warm in winter and cool in summer.
- It’s made from non-toxic and hypoallergenic materials, which will not trigger allergies.
- The high-density gel memory foam provides true orthopedic support and will not flatten over time.
- The bed liner is not completely waterproof. It’s possible that liquid can seep through the internal liner.
Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Donut Cat and Dog Bed in Shag or Lux Fur (LARGE)
Sometimes you want your dog to live in the lap of luxury. Gifting him with this high-quality dog bed with a faux shag fur finish is a great start. It’s designed for large dogs who love to curl up and ease their anxiety when left alone. The lux fur is reminiscent of mommy dog’s fur, which gives dogs a warming effect.
The cushioned high walls provide support when dogs rest their heads on the edges. It’s great for burrowing and nuzzling.
- This donut dog bed is large enough to accommodate dogs weighing up to 100 lbs.
- The edges are reinforced with a double overlock-stitch finish for durability and protection against scratches and bites.
- It’s not waterproof and dirt-proof. The microfiber has static and can attract dirt and dust.
If you’re looking for a dog bed that balances comfort and durability, you can’t go wrong with Dogbed4less Ultimate Memory Foam Dog Bed. It has all the right features that can help dogs have a comfortable rest and sleep. Moreover, it’s durable enough to withstand wear and tear as well as the occasional rugged burrowing.